What is T.E.N.?
T.E.N. – Tech Exec Networks, Inc. is a national technology and information security executive networking and relationship marketing organization that facilitates interaction with peers, industry visionaries and solutions providers. Executive programs include the Information Security Executive® (ISE®) Program Series, roundtables, receptions, and marketing programs.
What are ISE® Executive Forums and Leadership Summits?
The ISE® Excutive Forums and Leadership Summits provide a relaxed social atmosphere and unpretentious setting favorable for an open style of communication that allows industry leaders to discuss key issues, best practices, and solutions concerning the Information Security and IT Industry today. Executives participate in lively discussions about their latest challenges and gain insight into current solutions and emerging trends. Outstanding keynotes, speakers, and presentations contribute to the opportunities available for executives, sponsors, and nominees:
- Gain insight from prominent keynote speakers and industry experts
- Participate in thought-provoking discussions
- Share best practices and network with your fellow security professionals
- Broaden your visibility within the industry
- Develop lasting relationships with industry leaders
- Experience motivating and candid nominee success stories
The Leadership Summit is a two-day program comprised of dynamic discussions, roundtables, keynotes, hot-topic panels, and more!
What are ISE® Awards?
These most sought-after accolades are presented to chief security officers or executives in an equivalent position and project teams that have made the greatest positive impact on his/her organization through risk management, data asset protection, regulatory compliance, privacy and information security.
What is the Information Security Executive® (ISE®) of the Year Award?
This award is presented to a chief security officer or executive in an equivalent position to honor exemplary achievement and excellence in managing enterprise-wide Internet, wireless and network security systems. This award applauds information security pioneers and their lasting contributions to the business community and economy.
What is the Information Security Project of the Year Award?
A new Information Security of the Year Project Award was added to the ISE® program series in 2008. It focuses on a project completed in the past 12-18 months that has impacted an organization's risk management or information security posture. This award brings to light the team behind the work.
What is the ISE® Awards Gala and who attends?
As the premier forum for information security professionals, the ISE Awards Gala draws an impressive nominee base from private, public, government, and academic sectors that have made significant contributions to the business and technology communities. Celebrated at regional, national, and international events, the ISE® Awards Gala includes a stunning night of celebration to honor individuals and project teams that have demonstrated outstanding leadership in the field of information security. Nominees of these awards experience an unrivaled opportunity for information exchange and obtain leadership recognition within their industry. All Nominees attend as our complimentary guests.
What is the value to being nominated for an ISE® Award?
Being nominated for an ISE® Award, attending the event, and potentially winning can be a valuable and life-changing experience. The Awards Gala is the premier forum to showcase the achievements of nominees and their organizations. Here are some key benefits for eligible nominees:
- Nominees and their companies have the opportunity to demonstrate their innovative approaches in risk management, data asset protection, regulatory compliance, privacy and/or information/network security performance
- Nominees are showcased during the day-long meetings which take place during the Executive Forum and in the evening, at the stunning ISE® Awards Gala
- Nominees receive a trophy at the Awards Gala for their outstanding achievements
- Nominees are posted on our website and promoted through T.E.N.'s marketing and public relations activities.
- Nominees may be interviewed and highlighted by industry press and could be featured in prominent publications.
- Nominees and Project teams for all ISE® Awards attend the ISE® Forum and Awards Gala as our complimentary guests.
- Nominees have the unprecedented opportunity to network with leading security professionals and their peers in a relaxed atmosphere, favorable for establishing long-lasting and valuable relationships
What are the requirements for ISE® Executive of the Year Award Nominees?
The Information Security Executive® of the Year is defined as a leader who guides the effective use of information security and risk management to improve his or her company's information security posture while proactively implementing security technology and processes.
- Must be responsible for risk management, data asset protection, regulatory compliance, privacy and/or information/network security performance of a company or organization
- Must promote a risk management and security vision that supports the organization's strategy
- Must be a member of management (manager or above), such as CSO, CISO, CTO, CIO, vice president, director or manager from IT, networking or security departments
- Must have a proven track record of information security leadership, staff motivation, and mentoring
- Must maintain primary residence in and be employed by a business or oversee the security infrastructure of a subsidiary that is located in the states associated within a region. Regions include: Central, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast, United Kingdom and Ireland, West, and North America
- CANNOT be an information security vendor or information security services provider
- CANNOT have been a nominee for more than three consecutive years. If said nominee changes ISE® designated regions or gets a promotion within the same company, the nominee is then eligible to submit another nomination form and be considered a nominee for the next three consecutive years. If said nominee has changed companies, however, the nominee must have worked at the new company for at least twelve months prior to submitting another nomination form.
What are the requirements for Information Security Project of the Year Award Nominees?
The Information Security Project of the Year Award recognizes the key members of a team who have made the greatest positive impact to their organization through implementing a risk management, enterprise data assets, privacy, or information security project.
- The Project must have an Executive Sponsor. An Executive Sponsor can be a CSO, CISO, CTO, CIO, vice president, or director from IT, networking or security departments who was responsible for overseeing the creation, development, implementation and execution of the Project
- The Project must involve risk management, data asset protection, regulatory compliance, privacy and/or information/network security performance of the company or organization
- The Project should have been completed in the past 12-18 months and be able to show measurable results
- An organization may enter more than one project, but each project must be entered on a separate nomination form
- The Project work must have been accomplished by team members where the majority of the team is located in the states associated within a region. Regions include: Central, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast, United Kingdom and Ireland, West, and North America
- CANNOT be an information security vendor or information security services provider
- The Project must have an Executive Sponsor. An Executive Sponsor must be a director of above, such as a CSO, CISO, CTO, CIO, or vice president from IT, networking or security departments who was responsible for overseeing the creation, development, implementation and execution of the Project
What are the states in each region of the ISE® Awards?
The ISE® Awards Program Series recognizes leading information security executives and project teams in each of the following regions:
- Southeast - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia
- Central - Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin
- West - Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming
- Northeast - Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington DC
- North America - All states residing in the United States of America and Canada
Who can nominate an executive or project team for an ISE® Award?
Eligible nominations for the ISE® Awards come from various sources which can include the following:
- Staff members who want to recognize their manager's achievements.
- Executive management who want to recognize the forward thinking and security performance of a Chief Security Officer or person in an equivalent position.
- Individuals who want to self nominate and want their work recognized by industry peers and luminaries.
- Technology vendors who want to showcase a customer or prospect for their efforts in the security industry. Note: An information security vendor or information security service provider cannot nominate executives or projects in their own company.
When and where will the ISE® Award programs take place?
How can I become a sponsor for ISE® Awards?
Security and technology companies are encouraged to participate as a sponsor and/or nominate a customer or prospect for an award. Participation as a sponsor in the ISE® Award Program is an exclusive opportunity. There are limited sponsorships available for each level. Participating in the ISE® Award Program provides your company with several unique methods of reaching qualified buyers and gaining maximum exposure. During the program, sponsors can participate in our sponsor pavilion, during which time they will be able to meet and network with Information Security professionals and make vital connections for future sales success. In addition, sponsors in this integrated marketing program will gain access to qualified leads and decision makers as well as achieve exposure among customers and prospects while securing significant recognition from regional and industry media. For more information about becoming a sponsor, visit http://ten-inc.com/sponsorship.asp
If I am a part of a technology association or professional organization, how can we become involved?
Since this is a community and industry recognition program, it is encouraged to have technology associations and professional associations involved in the program as an in-kind association sponsor. For more information, contact Marci McCarthy at email@example.com if your association or organization is interested in participating with the ISE® Award Program Series.
What if I have a question not answered in this FAQ?
Please e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.