To make a reservation, call 1-888-627-7087 and speak to the hotel directly to secure the best rate.
Local Attractions: http://www.westinpeachtreeplazaatlanta.com/things-to-do-in-atlanta
Weather Reports: http://www.westinpeachtreeplazaatlanta.com/weather
The Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport (ATL +1 404 209 1700) towers as the world's busiest passenger airport. Located 10 miles south of downtown, it is currently in the midst of an ambitious 5.4 billion dollar development program to keep pace with its world standing. The following major airline companies dock at its terminals:
- Aero Mexico (+1 800 237 6639 / http://www.aeromexico.com)
- Air Canada (+1 800 776 3000 / http://www.aircanada.ca)
- Air France (+1 800 871 1366 / http://www.airfrance.com)
- Air Jamaica (+1 800 523 5585 / http://www.airjamaica.com)
- American Airline (+1 800 433 7300 / http://www.aa.com)
- British Airways (+1 800 247 9297 / http://www.british-airways.com)
- Continental (+1 800 525 0280 / http://www.continental.com)
- Delta (+1 800 221 1212 / http://www.delta.com)
- Frontier (+1 800 432 1359 / http://www.frontierairlines.com)
- Jet Blue (+1 800 538 2583 / http://www.jetblue.com)
- Korean Air (+1 800 438 5000 / http://www.koreanair.com)
- Lufthansa (+1 800 645 3880 / http://www.lufthansa.com)
- Northwest (+1 800 225 2525 / http://www.nwa.com)
- United (+1 800 241 6522 / http://www.ual.com)
- US Airways (+1 800 428 4322 / http://www.usairways.com)
All of Hartsfield's ground transportation services, including buses, rental cars, shuttles, and trains, are conveniently located in the airport's Ground Transportation Center (GTC) (+1 404 530 6674). MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) (+1 404 848 4711 / http://www.itsmarta.com) offers rail service in and out of the airport. Trains depart every eight minutes. Rides to downtown last 15 minutes, one of the fastest options into Atlanta. One-way fares cost USD1.75; weeklong passes USD13.
Taxis (+1 404 530 6698) are located on GTC's Island A. The cabs charge set fees for Atlanta's central business district with a special per-person rate for two or more passengers. Set fees: USD25 to Downtown, USD28 to Midtown, and USD35 to Buckhead. Rides outside of the central business district operate on a meter basis.
GTC's Island B harbors shuttle van service. The vehicles depart every 15 minutes, operating daily from 7AM-11PM. Depending on location rates generally fall between USD12-USD18. Some of the more prominent companies include:
- Airport Metro Shuttle (+1 404 766 6666)
- Atlanta Corporate Shuttle (+1 770 619 5336)
- Downtown Shuttle Service (+1 404 766 5312)
- Interstate Airport Jitney (+1 770 932 6757)
Airport Parking: Park 'N Fly ( +1 800 763 6895, www.pnfnetwork.com)
- Avis (+1 800 831 2847, www.avis.com)
- Budget (+1 800 527 0700, www.budget.com)
- Dollar (+1 800 800 3665, www.dollar.com)
- Hertz (+1 800 654 3131, www.hertz.com)
- National (+1 800 227 7368 / http://www.nationalcar.com)
- Thrifty (+1 800 367 2277 / http://www.thrifty.com)
- Payless (+1 404 766 5034 / http://www.paylesscarrental.com)
To get into downtown hop on either Interstate 85, which runs along the northwest side of the airport and eventually flows into Interstate 75, or pick up Interstate 75 on the west side of the airport for the straight shot into town.
AMTRAK: (+1 800 872 7245 / http://www.amtrak.com) puffs into Atlanta's historic train station at 1688 Peachtree Road. The Crescent Line services the area daily from New York City with stops in Philadelphia and Washington.
GREYHOUND: (+1 800 231 2222 / http://www.greyhound.com) escorts travelers in from every direction. The bus terminal at 232 Forsyth Street adjoins Atlanta's rail system, lending for easy access to other parts of the city.
CAR: Atlanta rates as one of the most car-accessible cities in the country thanks to a cobweb of major thoroughfares. Interstate 20 bisects downtown Atlanta in an east/west direction, coming from Alabama in the west and South Carolina in the east. Interstate 75 rummages in from a north/south direction, and Interstate 85 veers through at a northeast/southwest angle.
MARTA: Rail service, via MARTA, represents the quickest means of transportation for maneuvering around Atlanta. The orange colored North/South Line services downtown as well as such popular destinations as Buckhead, the High Museum of Art, and the airport. The blue East/West Line also wanders through downtown and beyond and includes stops at the Martin Luther King historical sites. Trains pass each stop every 15 minutes. One-way fares are USD1.75; weeklong passes USD13. Trains only accept exact change and tokens. Hours of operation: M-F 5a-1a; Sa-Su 5a-12:30a. Though slow and infrequent, buses, also managed by MARTA, service all of downtown and the surrounding suburbs. Destinations and route numbers are clearly visible on the bus windshields. The USD1.75 fare includes transfers. Hours: M-F 5a-1a; Sa-Su 6a-12:30a
TAXI: Taxis are available in the motor lobby of the hotel. There is a $5.00 flat fee for the Buckhead area, while rides to Midtown and Downtown range in price from $12.00 to $15.00. Taxis are relatively easy to hail throughout downtown and can be found outside all the major hotels. Some of the more reputable cab companies include:
- Atlanta Lenox Taxi (+1 404 872 2600)
- Checker Cabs (+1 404 351 1111)
- Yellow Cabs (+1 404 521 0200)